We have found that high-performing organizations invariably exhibit seven key characteristics. These are the cornerstones of our management approach.
- Leadership anticipates the future and adapts the organization’s capabilities accordingly. There is a strong, dynamic synergy between the Chief Executive and the Board.
- Strategic positioning is a continuing responsibility of top management and the Board.
- Strong operating performance provides access to capital, creates competitive advantage, and sustains the mission.
- Relentless pursuit of quality improves clinical outcomes as well as financial position.
- Performance indicators are tailored to the organization and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Community benefit drives the design of programs and services.
- Staff development pays dividends. People are recognized as the organization’s greatest resource. They are empowered, held accountable and recognized.
We cannot solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them.”