November 1-7, 2020 is the Health Care Compliance Association's national Corporate Compliance & Ethics Week. Healthcare providers around the country will be celebrating Compliance Week. It's certainly not mandatory to hold a Compliance Week the first week of November - you can have one any time that works for you. Some providers schedule Compliance Week at the same time as annual compliance training. Other providers hold Compliance Week six months after compliance training, to provide a second compliance "blast" during the year. Whatever time you choose, get a Compliance Week on the calendar every year.
Why Compliance Week?
There are so many reasons why Compliance Week is good for your organization! Compliance Week will...
- Boost your culture of compliance
- Promote the visibility of your compliance program
- Increase employees’ familiarity with the Compliance Officer & Committee
- Provide compliance education
- Inspire employees to recognize non-compliance and report it internally
- Show employees that your compliance program is here to help them do their jobs better
- Show employees that your organization and leaders are serious about doing the right thing
- Reinforce compliance principles and keep compliance top of mind
- Reward compliance successes
Short on ideas? MPA can help
Watch MPA's webinar recording: Plan a Successful Compliance Week! Webinar password: A8bNd.QZ
Read Margaret's article published in HCCA's Compliance Today magazine: Boost your compliance culture with Corporate Compliance and Ethics Week.
For Compliance Today: Copyright 2018 Compliance Today, a publication of the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA).
Need more help?
MPA's tools make it easy. Check out the compliance culture tools available on MPA's compliance store:
- Monthly Compliance Moments
- Monthly HIPAA Moments
- Compliance Cartoon Caption Contest
- Monthly Compliance Newsletter
- Compliance Training and Board Tool Kit